Search

2017-10-24

Studio Ghibli Music Box Medley



This is just too charming. A YouTube member named "BoxOfMusic" has created this video of a music box that plays a medley of songs from your favorite Studio Ghibli movies. The music box is a simple DIY machine that can be found at most arts and crafts shops at an affordable price, and plays music from rolls of paper with holes punched in the appropriate spaces. Anyone can compose their own music with a little time and effort.

In addition to composing the songs, this video artist has also drawn illustrations as each movie's music plays, in a rolling panorama of your favorite Ghibli highlights and characters. It's an especially nice touch for those of you who aren't as familiar with some Ghibli melodies.

The medley in this video includes themes from the following movies: Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, The Cat Returns, and Whisper of the Heart.

Overall, this is very entertaining and clearly a labor of love. Kudos to BoxofMusic for putting this together and sharing with us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so incredibly honored to see this posted here! I can't believe it! Thanks so much for the kind words, it makes me so happy to read! I am so happy to share my creations and see that they bring joy to others as well. Still in shock at how much recognition this video has gotten. I will surely keep creating music box videos, and feature more Studio Ghibli songs in the future! (I have many other music box videos on my channel, including a few other Ghibli songs!)

--BoxOfMusic

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover