Search

2007-06-19

Downloading Sucks

Downloading has become a real pain for me ever since I set up the new cable modem at the apartment. I really ought to get on Comcast's case about that.

The good news is that I've found a couple of new torrents for Horus, Prince of the Sun. The newest one is brand-new, having been uploaded just this week. I found a segment of the title sequence on YouTube, and the subtitles are terrific and fully comprehensive. More importantly, it's all integrated into the video file (instead of having a separate file), which means I can upload the entire movie - and we can all watch with the subtitles.

The down side is that download speeds are practically nonexistent. I may take me as long as a week to get this damned thing on my computer. Thanks a lot, Mininova!

The moral lesson here, kids? Downloading sucks. It would be far easier to go to the bookstore and buy a DVD, but Horus has yet to be released here in the States. You have been buying those Discotek DVD's like I asked you, right?

UPDATE: Okay, things are improving. The new Horus fansub may be finished downloading by tomorrow. If anything happens, you'll be the first to know. Cross yer fingers.

1 comment:

Chris Sobieniak said...

I feel for you here. I often find stuff I want so much, only to see hardly anyone seeds it after a period of time!

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover