Search

2016-03-29

Ghibli Blog 10th Anniversary (3/29/06)


Today marks the 10th anniversary of the Ghibli Blog!  Our first post was published on March 29, 2006. Here's free cake for everyone...well, a photo of a cake. It's still free.

I wanted to do something special for the occasion, but my desktop PC broke down (thank you for making crummy hard drives, HP). This happened a lot to me over the last decade. You'd be surprised just how many essays were written at coffee shops.

Anyway, I'll see what I can do this week to mark the anniversary. I am working on the writing projects, of course. I still have no idea how many volumes the Miyazaki-Takahata books will include, at least a couple. And there's a videogame and film review book on the way. And an art gallery book if I can pull it off. I would also like a nap. That would be nice.

Much thanks to everyone who has read and supported Ghibli Blog since 2006.

4 comments:

Laurent said...

Congratulations on hitting 10 years! :)

Potli Baba said...

You must get in some translated bits from Takahata's 'Thoughts While Making Movies' in your book.

Unknown said...

Thank you.. :)

Njord said...

Glad to find you're still around!

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover