daniel thomas Categories: greatest movies
(Update 4/1/14: Polling is now closed. Thanks to everyone for participating. We are now compiling all the entries and will write follow-up posts on Ghibli Blog.)
Announcing the 2014 Ghibli Blog Animation Poll
Minneapolis, MN USA -- We are pleased to announce the 2014 Ghibli Blog poll of the best animation films. This informal survey among animation lovers will determine the most beloved animation works around the world. Participation is open to everyone worldwide, movie lovers, critics and scholars, and those working in the animation film industries.
Each participant will list their choices for the 20 best animated films of all time. This includes full-length and short film, television series and specials, independent and student works. Television series or serial cartoons (e.g. "The Simpsons," "Looney Tunes,") will be counted as a single entry. Everyone is encouraged to choose their personal favorites, however popular or obscure. This format is in keeping with the 2003 Laputa Festival poll, which polled animators around the world for their favorite works. Our informal poll continues that tradition.
Voting will be open until March 30, after which time all entries shall be compiled into a final ranking. This final total will be announced on the Ghibli Blog website.
2014 Ghibli Blog Animation Poll - Unofficial Rules
1. Participation is open to all animation lovers around the world.
2. Write your list of the 20 best animated films ever made.
3. "Films" include all formats - feature length film, short film, television, independent and student works.
4. Animations include hand-drawn, CGI, puppetry and stop-motion. Anything goes!
5. TV series or serial cartoons (e.g. "The Simpsons," "Looney Tunes) are listed as a single entry.
6. Animation clips in live-action films (e.g. "Vertigo," "Anchors Aweigh") will not be considered.
7. Deadline is March 30. A final ranking total will then be compiled and announced on the Ghibli Blog website.
About Ghibli Blog
Ghibli Blog is the premier website dedicated to Studio Ghibli, animation and the movies. Founded in 2006, it is the leading resource on the works of Japanese filmmakers Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata. It is located at www.ghiblicon.blogspot.com.
Entries for the 2014 Ghibli Blog Animation Poll can be sent via email, or posted on the official poll thread on the Ghibli Blog website. Questions or queries are accepted via email.
The Ghibli Blog
Daniel Thomas MacInnes, publisher and editor