Search

2011-04-18

Future Boy Conan #08 - The Underwater Scene


I enjoyed this photo montage (from reader hjg) of the underwater sequence in Future Boy Conan #08 so much, I just had to post it here on the blog.  This is one of my favorite Miyazaki scenes, ever.  I'm also discovering that I want to spend more time reflecting after each episode.  I want the scenes to marinate in my head for a little while longer, instead of rushing along as fast as possible.  The first time I watched Conan, I blazed through the entire series in less than a week.  Slower is much better, I think.

Also, this gives me more time to write endless Grampa Simpson essays about why today's video games are nowhere near as fun as they used to be.  Also, at some point I should probably think about doing my taxes.  Hah, hah.

I really wish Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli would just pony up the cash and buy the rights to Conan from Nippon Animation.  Then we would be guaranteed a fantastic Blu-Ray release, and probably a little extra attention from Westerners.  This anime series is ridiculously overlooked.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great scene, true, much more better watching it slower, I've done the same thing the first time I've watched all the chapters, almost in a week.Thanks for making this blog, I dont know where you get the info, haha, take care.

iaa_i said...

I realy wish that they make a second season with the same quality as this one .. But it seems impossible :(

Unknown said...

I recently just watched the series for the first time and made a long blogpost about it with lots of pictures: http://harkosion.blogspot.com/2011/04/future-boy-conan.html

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover