Search

2009-08-29

Your Evening Looney Tunes Fix

(Update: This video has since been removed from Youtube.  Sorry.)

Friday was a bit of a slow day for me...oops.  I was busy with work and planning my next trip, heh heh.  Thankfully, all the Ghibli Freaks came through with some killer comments and info about various topics.  I think we deserve some Road Runner cartoons, don't you?

This is the fourth Road Runner cartoon, 1953's Zipping Along.  It's wonderful, madcap, hilarious.  Whenever I need a pick-me-up, I head straight to the Looney Tunes cartoons. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Sean L. said...

The "ACME Hour" on Cartoon Network, when they played the classic Looney Tunes and such, was one of my favorite things on TV when I was little. I particularly loved Road Runner and Wile E. when I was a kid because I used to live in southern Arizona where coyotes and roadrunners are a fairly regular sight. Haha, of course I was dissappointed I never did actually see a chase between the two, probably because in reality a coyote would outrun that bird. But hey, Chuck Jones really knew how to ignore the laws of nature for the sake of good old fashioned slapstick hilarity. Laws of physics need not apply. And how about the Coyote's incredible and consistently death-defying endurance. I mean, is he immortal? Well, in my heart, he certainly is indeed. Gotta love it.

Daniel Thomas MacInnes said...

It's shocking to me that Looney Tunes cartoons - or any of the classics, for that matter - are never shown on tv anymore. The media conglomerates want you to pay premium money for the DVD box sets. But, in doing so, they isolate and alienate the very product they're trying to sell. It's completely backwards thinking. Thankfully, Youtube and downloading will repair this situation for us.

Chris Sobieniak said...

For someone of my age, cartoons like these were still possible to see on regular TV channels, such as the CBS network's airing of "The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show" or from local stations' own "Bugs Bunny & Friends" presentations.

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover