Search

2009-08-13

Your Evening Looney Tunes Fix

(Update: This video has since been removed from Youtube.  Sorry.)

For tonight, I think we'll watch some Road Runner cartoons. I was watching one of the classic Walt Disney Silly Simphonies earlier this evening, The Three Little Pigs, and it was very enjoyable and fun and it's a classic. But I always feel so restless after watching Disney cartoons. I need something a little faster, a little edgier. Cue Wile E. Coyote!

Apparently, this is the third Road Runner cartoon, Zipping Along, from 1953. I really love these early Road Runner cartoons. Some of the best gags appear here, and I'm always laughing with a big silly smile on my face. I just love how these cartoons are so purely focused on that one thing they do so well. These were originally created out of frustration with the worn-out chase cartoon formula, and that pent-up energy shows. This is a viscious, anarchic glee, like smart-alecky teens pulling pranks on the substitute teachers.

No comments:

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover