Search

2017-09-06

My Neighbors the Yamadas Blu-Ray Coming to US in Early 2018

My Neighbors the Yamadas

My Neighbors the Yamadas

Hooray! At long last, we're getting My Neighbors the Yamadas on Blu-Ray!

This was reported in our previous post, but it deserves its own mention. Isao Takahata's 1999 comedy masterpiece will finally arrive in the US on Blu-Ray in early 2018. This title has been available in Japan for many years, but Disney stubbornly refused to release the movie on our shores, leaving us stuck with the older (and inferior) DVD.

This movie really looks sensational on the higher-definition format. The watercolor designs absolutely just pop with detail and color in every frame, with a luminosity and clarity far above the DVD release. Audio quality will be vastly superior, as well, as we should expect.

I'll be first in line to pick up Yamadas when it arrives, and I'm confident all Ghibli Freaks will do likewise. It is easily a must for every movie lover's library. Start saving your pennies now, kids.

No comments:

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover