Search

2009-08-23

Poster - Animal Treasure Island


sqwab3kp8e

There, it's done.  Stupid Technorati activation code.  This was something I had to post in order to active my blog on their site.

Now that I have your attention, here's a look at Ghibli Freak Chris' classic movie poster for Animal Treasure Island.  This is a great poster.  It was common for Toei to pack several of their movies together like this, and I've seen many similar posters from Japanese websites.  The bold colors and large characters really make this poster stand out.  It captures the adventure appeal of Animal Treasure Island.

If you're a Miyazaki fan who is feeling nostalgic for his younger, more easily accessable movies, Animal Treasure Island is right up your alley.  No doubt it's already a beloved favorite with you and your friends.  At least, it should be.  If you still don't have the DVD in your collection, march down to the nearest store and pick up a copy.

4 comments:

Chris said...

One downside of the rising success of your blog:

Ghibli Freak Chris used to mean me!

:(

Daniel Thomas MacInnes said...

Ack! You're right! Hah hah hah

Maybe you guys should wear different shirts or something. Maybe we'll just call the other Chris by his last name?

Of course, I could actually just write the full name out, instead of being lazy...it's sooo hard to press all these keys!

Anyway, it could be worse. You could be "Anonymous."

Anonymous said...

I am offended

Daniel Thomas MacInnes said...

I heard what you said. You know nothing of my work!

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover