Search

2007-03-15

Help Me Find a Wife - Win a Prize!

Okay, that's not true. There aren't any prizes.

I'll be turning 34 next month, and I'm really not looking forward to it. I don't mind the aging process, but I'm running out of time if I want to raise a family, and the prospects aren't very good. For some weird reason, I've evolved into a hippie/punk hybrid who never outgrew his curiousity for discovering things. You'll discover most people abandon their teenage spirit and retreat into a surburban hell of repression and fear and far too much tv.

Heck, I've just bought a turntable and I'm buying freaking vinyl records. Oh, and I blog about obscure foreign animation. What's with that? Why can't I just be happy watching Boondock Saints and American Idol?

Anyway, I need a parter-in-crime to grow old with, and still have some fun before the clock burns out. There has to be a genuine hippie/punk folk singer around here somewhere. And I'm not talking the grungy, sloppy "hippie" clique you see in college; you know, the kids who never bathe or change clothes and whose lives revolve around jam bands and hemp. I mean the spirit of the idealism and energy of the '60s.

So here's the kind of girl I'm looking for. Keep your eyes peeled and see if you can find anyone who fits this description of the following three people:

Joan Baez,


Joni Mitchell,


Cathy from Animal Treasure Island. Maybe I just really wanna be a pirate.


1 comment:

Chris Sobieniak said...

You have a wonderful taste in women! I wish I could've lived in the early 70's when that was like that.

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover