Search

2006-10-21

For the Love of God, Buy These Movies!!

I don't know how much media exposure these two movies have received since they were released on DVD earlier this year, but I'm shocked, shocked at how completely invisible they remain. I checked the IMDb pages for Puss in Boots and Animal Treasure Island, and their vote tallies were just awful.

Puss in Boots has 58 votes, and Animal Treasure Island has 45. How is that possible? Both pages are almost completely sparse, with five user comments and five external reviews between the both of 'em. And those five reviews include one by me and two by Stewart Galbraith (the author of "The Emperor and the Wolf").

So, what's the deal here, people? And where the heck is Discotek?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently bought Animal Treasure Island, haven't got the oppurtunity to watch it yet but I'll surely get to it soon. I'm also planning on buying Puss N Boots sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

and shame that movies like this go unnoticed while Disney Princess and Lindsey Lohan make tons of money for pure crap.

Daniel Thomas MacInnes said...

Great to hear that you've bought these movies! You'll have loads of fun.

And please, please, please, don't get me started on the Disney Helpless Little Stepford Wives Priness videos. You really don't want me to start ranting on that.

Chris Sobieniak said...

I've only ever bought Animal Treasure Island myself, but hadn't found "Puss 'n Boots" anywhere in town, forcing me to go the net route to get it if ever. Both are wonderful films for anyone to watch, and often I feel I should deserve the credit for having providing the English tracks in DiscoTek's release (albeit, having gone uncredited as such, but it was probably for the best).

I only wish there was a better way to promote these films like through a magazine or such people could find out about it (if I ever have my own distribution company that handled releaseing these, I'd probably would've done a catelog like Right Stuf's or the old "Whole Toon Catalog" that would've gave you all you need to know about it.

More Ghibli Blog Posts To Discover