Quote For the Day

“I’ve become skeptical of the unwritten rule that just because a boy and girl appear in the same feature, a romance must ensue. Rather, I want to portray a slightly different relationship, one where the two mutually inspire each other to live - if I’m able to, then perhaps I’ll be closer to portraying a true expression of love.”

- Hayao Miyazaki, "4 Years Since Then...Reflections on Clarisse," published in Asashi Shinbun


Vinicius Pires said...

Is this quote from the production time of a specific movie?

Daniel Thomas MacInnes said...

I updated with the relevant citations. Thanks for asking.

Hayley Harrison said...

Interestingly, Bryan Konietzko, one of the co-creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, recently used this quote in defending the first depiction of an LGBT couple in one of his shows. You can find it on his Tumblr.

Copyright © 2006-2014 - Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, Animation and the Arts