Vote on the Ghibli Blog Design II

First of all, thanks to everybody for their input. It has helped me a lot, and I think I'm closer to the next design template for the Conversations on Ghibli blog. In fact, I have another short list of contenders that I think are all improvements over the first batch.

I already have a favorite among these, but I'll keep that to myself for now. I'd like to hear what you think. As you can see, all of these are 3-column layouts, since that's where I'm going. Professionalism, cleanliness, and ease of navigation are my primary concerns. Apart from one or two templates from the first batch, I'll most likely choose one of these.

When looking these over, don't think too long or too hard. Just behave like any casual web surfer. Does the design catch your eye? Does it make you want to stay? Are the colors the right combination? Just go with your gut instinct and you'll be fine.

Again, my thanks to everyone for taking part in the blog update.

Dilectio Blogger

Blue Blog


Clean Dark

Blogy Illacrimo


Chris said...

Of all of these, I prefer the designs of Happie and Dilectio Blogger. But not the colors . . . especially the red of Happie.

The others are . . . nice, but my least favorite is Clean Dark. Again it just looks too generic.

I really don't think I've helped, but . . .

Daniel Thomas MacInnes said...

No, you're being very helpful. Dilectio was my favorite of this bunch, although Blue Blog has its charms. I've whittled it down to four choices, so this should very nearly be finished.

I'll have to preview some of these and see how it all looks. It's true that most of these Blogger templates are somewhat generic. It's tough to find something that's really inspired in its design. But since it's all free, I really can't complain. I could, after all, be stuck with the templates that Blogger provides.

J.R.D.S. said...

Blue Blog is definitely my choice out of these, though I still like the coffee one as well. Happie – with a different combination of colours – would be my number two choice and Dilectio I don't want you to touch… Mainly because the curls are so "me" that I want to keep it for myself, though I also find it rather busy and, in contrast to Blue Blog and Hot Coffee, not particularly appropriate to the topic of the blog (i.e. it brings to mind The Nightmare Before Christmas more than it does Omohide Poroporo).

Copyright © 2006-2014 - Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, Animation and the Arts